|Tomas Thurkauf (left) participating in drills.|
- One prospect not attending Kelowna Rockets main camp is 16 year-old Jordan Sandhu. The fourth round pick from 2014 will be playing with the BCHL's Alberni Valley Bulldogs this season.
- On the surface, it appears the Rockets have a good play making forward in European Tomas Thurkauf. Chosen in this June's CHL Import draft, the 18 year-old can sure shoot the puck and has good size. That said, until you see a player perform against elite competition in a game type of situation, the jury is always out of what type of impact a first year forward will make.
- Cal Foote is no ordinary 16 year-old defenceman. The Colorado resident is well put together and should fit in fine with this years team. I can't see why he isn't a lock to be on this years squad with three key defenceman in Madison Bowey, Josh Morrissey and Cole Martin moving to pro hockey.
- One veteran player who isn't participating in main camp is Tomas Soustal. Soustal is in Kelowna and would be skating but has suffered an undisclosed injury.
- Nineteen year-old veteran goaltender Michael Herringer is sporting new pads and gloves to start training camp. Starter Jackson Whistle has the same gear he wore at the Memorial Cup in late May.
- I can't see the Rockets again using three goalies over the entire season, so the back up spot will be won or lost in training camp. Michael Herringer and Jake Morrissey are battling it out to see who finds themselves winning the job behind starter Jackson Whistle.
- The veteran players are looking a little different at training camp. All are now sporting new visors that give them a more streamlined look. The visors on the helmets are less 'bubbly' and appear to look exactly what the NHL players wear.