Thursday, July 10, 2008

Things That Make Me Go Hmm...

  • Congratulations to Josh Gorges for signing a new three year deal with the Montreal Canadiens. Everyone wants to be wanted, and the Canadiens obviously see Gorges being a piece of the teams successes in the next couple of years.

  • While my focus was on my mothers funeral Thursday, I managed to check my voice mail at the end of the day to find out that Kelowna Rockets head coach Ryan Huska sent his best wishes to me and my family during this tough time. Huska said he would have been in attendance at the funeral, but was called out of town at the last minute. Huska is more than a great coach. He cares for people, and his concern does not go unnoticed.
  • A quick e-mail from Rockets assistant coach Kim Dillabaugh is another example why I find myself appreciating him as more than just a coach.

  • I was pleased to see David Michaud at my moms funeral. Michaud and I have built up a great relationship over the last couple of years, and his support on Thursday was appreciated. Michaud is not only a colleague I enjoyed working with on Rockets broadcasts last season, but he's a true friend.

  • One of the many flowers that my family received during my mom's funeral was from Brent and Darrell Maser. The owners of the Medicine Hat Tigers hockey club simply went out of their way and showed once again they are a classy organization. I want to publicly thank them, and while the flowers were unnecessary, they were appreciated by me and my family.
  • Everett Silvertips fans should be proud of the quality individual they have calling their games in Jon Rosen. Rosen sent me an e-mail the other day with encouraging words on the death of my mom. Rosen knows first hand about the pain of losing his mother, after she passed away during this last hockey season.
  • I also want to thank Bruce Vance of the PA Raiders, Craig West of the Tri City Americans, and AJ Jakubec of the Edmonton Oil Kings for e-mails showing genuine concern over the death of my mom. While they may seem like quick e-mails, they are appreciated.
  • An e-mail sent by Rockets goaltender Torrie Jung about my mom's passing is another example while I love this guy!
  • Over the last six weeks my total focus in life has been my mom's battle with cancer. I hope now that I can again focus on what this blog was truly intended for.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My sympathy goes out to you and your family. say hi to your dad from me. My husband died (IKE Heinrichs- March 6 of 08. I remember your voice on CKSW. It is amazing how things come together and the many talented people that came from Swift Current. One thing about your mom-she leaves many good memories behind for all of us.

Unknown said...

My sympathy goes out to you and your family. say hi to your dad from me. My husband died (IKE Heinrichs- March 6 of 08. I remember your voice on CKSW. It is amazing how things come together and the many talented people that came from Swift Current. One thing about your mom-she leaves many good memories behind for all of us.

Jared Comeau said...

Regan. Again my condolences to you all. Take as much time as you need in returning to the hockey talk, it comes a distant 2nd to family