Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rockets Practice = High Tempo


The Rockets had a surprise guest at practice today. Check out the video to find out.

I took in a portion of Rockets practice today. The tempo was tremendous. OK, I'll admit I don't attend workouts that often, but I thought the pace was extremely high, and the veterans were leading the charge. It's probably not fair to point out just one individual who led the way, but Cody Almond - for my money - was one of the better ones out there. That said, no one lacked jump in the Tuesday workout. I left the arena nothing short of impressed.

Pictured, Dylan Hood takes a break from practice.


Coach Ryan Huska looks on with assistant Kim Gellert.

Veteran goaltender Torrie Jung taking some reps.

In case your wondering who that is on video at the top of the post, it's Travis Moen. An interview with Moen on tomorrow's blog.

2 comments:

Jared Comeau said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

Hey Regan, we are still waiting for the hot-shot rookies you mentioned

Outside of the two Euro's, I am told two rookies have a tremendous shot of making the opening day roster. Unfortunately I am unable to tell you who those two are at this time. If you are a regular reader of this blog, I will be talking about them once main camp begins. Until then, my lips are sealed.

Then there is this tid-bit

Remember, the Rockets scouting staff always have something up their sleeve when it comes to player availability. This years training camp is no exception. Stay tuned.

well, we are tuned and still waiting for the big camp news. Maybe Moffat or Kristo will show up late. Please fill us in on the big scoop you have.