Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rimouski in Pictures

Mark Guggenberger attempting to read a french newspaper in the hotel lobby.
My MVP of the Memorial Cup is this man right here. Donald Lafresnaye is a computer technician and handles all computer problems that members of the media may have at the tournament. I had a problem on day one and Donald worked on my computer to get it back in working condition. Thanks Donald. Without his work, this blog would have been awfully quiet. It's people like Lafresnaye that make everything run so smoothly here.

This is what you call a media scrum. It's when members of the media, newspaper,TV/radio get together and interview the players after the game. If you read the Kelowna Daily Courier you will notice Doyle Potenteau in the middle of the scrum. Does he always smile when he interviews someone? No. He knew I was taking the picture.

I've gotten to know this gentleman very well this week. Cory Flett is the Director of Communications for the WHL. Flett has been a helping hand to Rockets VP of Business Development Gavin Hamilton this week.

This tune they play in the Colisee reminds me of the Montreal Forum.

3 comments:

RocketsGirl said...

any idea yet when you guys will be back in kelowna??? Sunday night? Monday!??

Regan Bartel said...

I have heard that the team will fly back Monday morning, so the time of arrival is pegged at 2 pm Kelowna time. I will confirm with you on that.

RocketsGirl said...

awesome thank you :)