Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Central scoutings list doesn't include Adam Brown


I have to admit I was a little surprised when I didn't see Adam Brown's name on the list of Central Scouting's preliminary rankings for this summers NHL draft.
The list, released today, featured the top 20 players eligible from the Western Hockey League and the top six goaltenders.
Adam Brown's name wasn't there.
Why?
The only think I can think of is size. At 5'10 maybe NHL scouts aren't sure he's big enough?
This doesn't mean Brown won't get drafted, but to see six goalies ahead of him from the WHL did surprise me.
No other eligible Rockets player made the list either. Ok, maybe that's not exactly true. Luke Moffatt, Rockets property, is rated 13th of eligible U.S players heading into the draft.
Curtis Hamilton, Rockets gm Bruce Hamilton's son, is rated 12th while fellow Kelowna resident Ryan Harrison is ranked 14th.

No comments: