Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Game day in Swift Current

  • Frigid morning in Swift Current as we made our way to the I-Plex for a pre-game skate. All three goaltenders were on the ice, including Mark Guggenberger. It looks like Guggenberger could back up Adam Brown tomorrow night in Regina. Tonight the 20 year-old will watch from the stands.
  • The temperature on the I-Plex reader board outside of the arena said -29. OK, Swift Current has an electronic reader board along Highway 4. Why doesn't Prospera Place have one along Water Street? I'm just asking.
  • The Broncos didn't skate this morning, outside of goaltender Mark Friesen, who was getting some tips from goaltender consultant Kevin Swanson. Swanson is a former Rockets goaltender who is based out of Calgary. I spoke to Swanson about his role with the Broncos while reflecting on his days in a Rockets uniform. I'll have that interview on tonight's broadcast which starts at 5 pm BC time. Game time is 7:30 Saskatchewan time.
  • Kyle St. Denis will play tonight when the Rockets open the road trip in Swift Current. St. Denis has missed the last couple of games with an upper back/neck injury.
  • I took a few pictures this morning during the Rockets pre-game skate, but the Internet speed at our hotel is too slow for me to upload them. I will give it a try at the arena before game time, so check back then.
  • Special thanks to Swift Current Broncos play-by-play man Jon Keen for picking me up last night at the Regina airport. It saves me from renting a car and having to drive it back to Regina. Instead I can just hop on the Rockets bus when the team leaves for the 'Queen City' after tonight's game.

No comments: