Thursday, December 10, 2009

Getting a ride with a Rider


It was an optional skate at the Brandt Centre in Regina as the Kelowna Rockets have a day off on their Eastern Conference road trip. In leaving the practice session I asked the Rockets bus driver to stop by Mosaic Stadium - the home of the Saskatchewan Roughriders - so I could pick up some souvenirs. For those of you who don't know, I am a big fan of the team. As the bus headed back to the hotel I was forced into taking a cab once my shopping spree was over. Or would I? Being a cheap bugger, I thought I would asked a very large gentleman who was coming out of the Riders office if he was going by our hotel on Albert Street and if I could hitch a ride. The 6'6 320 pound giant that gladly drove me to the hotel was Saskatchewan Roughriders offensive lineman Jordan Remple. This is just another example of why I cheer for these guys! Good old Saskatchewan hospitality.

1 comment:

Ker-Dell said...

Where is "Mosaic Stadium"? I've never heard of it. I know the Riders play at Taylor Field and will until a "New Taylor Field" is built.