- How much credit does head coach Ryan Huska receive for scratching Shane McColgan last month in Prince George? Fans likely questioned the move, as did McColgan. But is it any coincidence that since the 'scratch' McColgan has 8 goals in his last 7 games and has points in 5 of those seven games. I don't think so.
- McColgan is about to re-write the Kelowna Rockets record books. McColgan is attempting to become the highest scoring 16 year-old in franchise history. Rory McDade is the franchise leader after putting up 15+23=38 points in the 1997-98 season. McColgan is just 4 points back. Kevin Korol had 31 points as a 16 year-old in 1997-98 while Kiel McLeod had 27 points as a 16 year-old in 1998-99.
- How can you not cheer for Cody Chikie. The Rockets have an optional skate Thursday and who is on the ice? Cody Chikie. He just loves to play and has given the coaching staff just one more reason to play him more.
- Mark Guggenberger could be busy tomorrow night when he returns to the Rockets lineup. The 20 year-old faces a Brandon Wheat Kings team that has scored the most goals in the WHL. The Wheat Kings have scored 139 goals this season, five more than the Medicine Hat Tigers.
- Rockets assistant coach Dan Lambert will have his mom and dad in attendance when the team visits the Wheat Kings tomorrow night. Lambert's parents are driving in from St. Malo, Manitoba.
- Rockets forward Mitchell Callahan recieved a visit this morning from Detroit Red Wings director of player personnel Jiri Fischer. The former Detroit Red Wing had to retire in 2005 after he underwent cardiac arrest in a game against the Nashville Predators.
- I was looking though Prospect Magazine the other day and found one photo very interesting. It was a pic of Scott Glennie, Brayden Schenn and Matt Calvert posing in a similar fashion as a photo taken in the 70's when Bill Derlago, Brian Propp and Ray Allison were taunting WHL goaltenders with the Wheat Kings as one of the best lines ever in the WHL. I love the concept. I think more teams need to be more keenly aware of taking 'staged' photo's of high profile players - or in this case line combinations - that come through an organization. The Wheat Kings got it right with that pic.
- I am cheering for a Kelowna Rockets shutout tomorrow night in Brandon. The reason ? The annual 'Teddy Bear Toss' is taking place during Friday night's game. If the Wheat Kings score, fans are asked to litter the ice with stuffed toys for those less fortunate at Christmas. I have no problems with the promotion, but if the home team is shutout the fans are forced to throw the stuffed toys on the ice at the conclussion of the game. No delays, no problem.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Things that make me go hmm...
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- Rockets can't buy a bounce
- Great effort - bad result
- Bowman out over a month
- Weber/Keith Olympic picks
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- 2009 - What a year it was
- Giants in giving mood handing Rockets home ice los...
- Giant loss at home
- Rockets game notes vs. Giants
- The 'voice' of the Edmonton Oil Kings
- Home for the Holidays
- Roady comes to an end
- Road trip ends with 3 and 3 record
- McMillan wears Canadian colours
- Art Hauser Centre Video
- Not good!
- Rockets game notes vs. Raiders
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #4
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #3
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #2
- Rockets Video Christmas Card
- Pics from Monday's workout in Saskatoon
- Severson re-joins Rockets
- Rockets receive eye opener
- Rockets celebrate Christmas in Saskatoon
- Video goodbye to Moose Jaw Civic Centre
- Pics from Moose Jaw/Regina
- Guggenberger good as gold in victory
- Game notes vs. Warriors
- Pics from last night
- Winning 'Fehr' and square
- Boarding the bus for Brandon
- Things that make me go hmm...
- He's Back!
- Getting a ride with a Rider
- Damon Severson Interview
- Retro night in Regina
- Rockets lose St. Denis to a concussion
- Rockets add 15 year-old to roster
- Game story in pictures
- Big win in tough building
- Game day pic's from Swift Current
- Game day in Swift Current
- Kelowna Broncos arrive in Swift Current
- Leonard has one up on Lazo
- Average effort produces winning result
- Kootenay Ice radio voice Jeff Hollick
- Rockets game notes vs. Oil Kings
- Callahan uses soft hands to pummel opponent
- Make it 3 straight wins on the road
- Lucas Bloodoff out 4 to 6 weeks
- McMillan gets invite
- Rockets game notes vs. Tips
- ▼ December (53)
- ► 2008 (396)