Thursday, July 22, 2010

Myers and Rockets alumni gather

The Kelowna Rockets alumni weekend is underway. The first order of business was a golf tournament for players past and present at the Harvest Golf Club.
I spoke to Tyler Myers, who was one of close to 200 taking part in the texas scramble format.

"This is my first one as an alumni of the team. It's cool. The past few years all I've heard is stories about it and now I finally get to live it."

How has your summer been?

"I've been training a lot. I haven't been on the ice too much though. I have tried to stay away after a long season, but I am starting to get into it now. I was able to go to summer camp and get on the ice too, so I've been training and relaxing".

How healthy is it to get away from the ice in the off-season?

"It's great to get away. It was a long season and even going to the world championships made it a little longer. It's nice to get some down time but the summer if flying by so quick that I can feel myself starting to get myself back into it and get it started up again".

How's the golf game?

"I am bad at most of it (laugh). I just like getting out here with some friends and having some fun. To tell you the truth, I haven't been out too much. This is probably my third game of the year and the last two I had to play in. I haven't seen too many of the guys play, but maybe I will run into a pro today who can give me some tips".

3 comments:

g.k said...

Hey Regan any word on how were making out getting our Euros over here to play this season??

Anonymous said...

Regan, avez-vous participé au tournoi de golf?

Regan Bartel said...

I was at the Harvest Golf Club and ran into Myers. The rain was sure coming down just before tee-off time!