There's a new captain in Nashville, as talented young defenseman Shea Weber will wear the "C" on his jersey this coming season, the Predators announced Thursday night.
Weber, 24, led Nashville defensemen in scoring and finished sixth overall on the team with 16 goals and 43 points. He was also a valuable member of the Canadian Olympic Team that won the gold medal in the Vancouver Olympics.
"In addition to being one of the top young defenseman in the League today, Shea is a natural leader, and we are confident he has the respect of his teammates, opponents, the Predators organization and its fans," Nashville GM David Poile said. "He becomes the first Predators draft pick to be named captain, and has been part of the culture and belief system we have worked hard to create."
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- McColgan attends NHL camp
- Alumni hockey game thoughts and observations
- Alumni hockey game in pictures
- McEwan watching alumni weekend from sidelines
- Myers and Rockets alumni gather
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Duncan's day with Lord Stanley
- Rockets colour analyst taking in British Open
- Hay staying with Giants
- Cap'n Kirk calls it quits
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Weber named captain
- It's a boy!
- Wudrick going to Coyote Country
- Date for Duncan Keith bringing Stanley Cup announc...
- Cody Chikie Update
- McMillan headed to Anaheim
- Huska getting older/Jobke graduates
- Happy Canada Day
- ▼ July (19)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)