Sunday, January 29, 2012

A fascinating lady at T-Bird games

Who's that lady that has been attending Seattle Thunderbirds hockey games for years now, always busy knitting before and during games?
For the last 17 years, I've notice that she shows up close to two hours before the game and is often seen an hour after the game busy knitting.
What's her story? My curiosity got the best of me and I had to find out.
Now I have the answer.
Her name is Char McDonald. Char is the mother of Bruce MacDonald, who provides color commentary on T-Birds radio broadcasts. Char has been attending T-Bird games with her son Bruce for years, knitting a winter hat every game and then giving it away to the less fortunate. In some cases she has even knitted a hat for a T-Birds player.
What a special lady with a great heart. I'm glad I took a few minutes to find out who she was. McDonald is just one of the many people I see on the road during the hockey season but often don't take time out to find out their story.

Now, I am glad I did.

No comments: